UKCRF -Key Local Priorities
What are the key local priorities?
Bids are required to align with at least one of the four visions for Powys and demonstrate that they have considered the four investment priorities of the community renewals fund.
- The Powys economy is thriving and sustainable. Strengthening the economy of Powys is at the heart of Vision 2025. A strong, vibrant, enterprising economy will provide high quality jobs, create and nurture our local companies, attract inward investment and encourage people of all ages to work and live in Powys.
- Powys residents start well, live well and age well. High quality health and care services are a priority for all of us and we are committed to working with our partners in the NHS and the third sector to provide seamless health and social care services at the right time and in the right place. We will continue to do all we can to provide as many caring services within the boundaries of Powys, whilst using a strengths-based approach to promote independence and self-care wherever possible.
- Powys residents are capable, confident and fulfilled. Learning and skills is a cornerstone of our vision, providing high quality educational opportunities for all our learners. We need to embrace the challenges of being a large rural organisation and use technology to improve access for all.
- Powys communities are vibrant, resourceful and connected. We want communities to feel supported, have a say in what is provided for them locally and feel they play a key role in local service delivery, which is why this objective centres on engaging and working with our community and third sector partners to promote and strengthen community relationships, development and resilience.
Community Renewal Fund Investment priorities:
- Investment in skills
- Investment for local business
- Investment in communities and place
- Supporting people into employment
- Ultra-fast, ultra-reliable digital connectivity, culture and skills: We are seeking projects that will help embed a digital culture in our businesses and communities.
- Skills: We are seeking projects that will help our residents gain the skills they need for jobs in growing businesses and sectors.
- Green Economy: We are seeking projects that can help towards the councils'ambition to reduce its carbon emissions to net zero, in line with the Welsh public sector target of 2030.
Projects should benefit Powys County Council Local authority area.