Business Support for Covid Restrictions
The grant will be open to applications from the week commencing the 31st May 2021 and will close at 5pm on the 30th June 2021.
Grants are available of between £2500 to £10000 to support businesses, social enterprises and charities and associated supply chain businesses that have experienced / will continue to experience a material negative impact as a result of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions from the beginning of 1st May 2021 onwards.
Please note that if your business has more than one trading activity or it operates out of multiple location or premises, we are only allowed to receive one application from you for all of those activities that go on.
If you need help to apply or support around grant advice or benefit or awards support please call us on 01597 826345.
Specifically, this will support businesses that are either:
a) Forced to remain closed by the on-going restrictions between 1 May 2021 and 30 June 2021
b) Unable to open indoors between 1 May 2021 and 17 May 2021
c) A venue which caters exclusively for weddings and events with a regulatory restriction capacity of 30 guests (but can accommodate a greater amount in normal circumstances)
d) A supply chain business that generates 60% or more of its sales revenue from businesses falling into categories a), b) and/or c)
AND (in addition this applies to all the above):
Have experienced a material negative impact through reduced turnover of 60% or more in May and June 2021 as compared to May and June 2019 caused directly by on-going COVID-19 restrictions.
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- The business generates less than 50% of your income if you are a sole trader or partnership. The business must be your main source of income.
- Your turnover has not reduced by at least 60% compared to the May / June period in 2019 or an equivalent trading period if you started after that date
- You are eligible for support from the Cultural Recovery Fund - Freelancer Support (launched on 17 May 2021).
- You have received funding for costs for the same time period from funds such as the "Be Active Wales Fund" or the "Communities Resilience Fund".
If you feel you are eligible, and your business has:
- a turnover greater that £85,000, please apply direct to Welsh Government - https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- a turnover of less than £85,000, then this is administered by Powys Council so please apply below (available from week commencing 31st May 2021)
Turnover levels should be for a normal trading year or an estimate if the business started post March 2020.
We need some evidence with your form. You will be asked for evidence of:
- Your turnover for a trading year prior to Covid
- Your business bank account for the period March 2021 to May 2021