Tests available at Powys Libraries
16 December 2021
With the testing criteria being expanded so anyone can qualify for an LFT test, Powys residents are being reminded that they can be collected from many of Powys' libraries.
About one in three people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still infect others. Residents are being encouraged to get test kits before libraries close on Christmas Eve at 4pm and re-open on January 4, 2022.
Getting tested regularly is one way to know if you have the virus. If people test positive and self-isolate, it helps break the chain of transmission and limits the spread of the virus.
LFTs are only for people who do not have coronavirus symptoms.
Residents are encouraged to take an LFT test twice a week if they are:
- not fully vaccinated
- classed as vulnerable
- in close contact with a vulnerable person
- spending time in a higher risk environment
How to get lateral flow tests
It is beneficial to use rapid lateral flow tests in the following situations:
- you are a volunteer
- you cannot work from home
- you are an unpaid carer
- you are visiting Wales from elsewhere
- you are travelling to other areas of Wales or the UK
- your health board requires testing before hospital visits
- you or your partner are using hospital maternity services
- you are the parent, carer or guardian of a child in hospital
- you are going to an event that requires it
- you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive and/or been pinged by the app and wish to undertake additional tests alongside the PCR tests advised at day 2 and day 8
If you get tests through your employer or education setting you should continue to do so.
Order rapid lateral flow home test kits on GOV.UK. You can order one home testing kit (seven tests) at a time. Delivery takes one to two days.
You can also collect testing kits in person.
LFT collection points
- Brecon Library,Y Gaer Museum, Art Gallery and Library, Glamorgan Street, LD3 7DW, Tuesday: 10:00am - 12:30pm & 13:30 - 16:00pm, Thursday: 10:00am - 12:30pm & 13:30 - 16:00pm, Friday: 10:00am - 12:30pm & 13:30 - 16:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:30pm & 13:30 - 16:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 12:30pm & 13:30 - 16:00pm
- Builth Wells Library, Antur Gwy, Park Road, LD2 3BA, Monday 10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00, Tuesday 14:00 to 16:00, Wednesday closed, Thursday 14:00 to 16:00, Friday10:00 to 12:00, Saturday closed, Sunday closed
- Crickhowell Library, Silver Street, NP8 1BJ, Monday closed, Tuesday 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00, Wednesday closed, Thursday 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00, Friday 10:00 to 13:00, Saturday Closed, Sunday closed
- Hay-on-Wye Library, Oxford Road, HR3 5BT, Monday 10:30 to 12:00 and 13:30 to 18:00pm, Tuesday closed, Wednesday closed, Thursday 10:30 to 12:00 and 13:30 to 18:00, Friday 13:30 to 18:00, Saturday 10:00 to 12:30, Sunday closed
- Knighton Library, Knighton Community Centre, Bowling Green Lane, LD7 1DR, Monday closed, Tuesday 10:30 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00, Wednesday closed, Thursday 10:30 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 18:00, Friday 08:00 to 12:30, Saturday closed, Sunday closed
- Llanbadarn Fynydd Village Hall shop, LD1 6YA, Monday: 7am - 6pm, Tuesday: 7am - 6pm, Wednesday: 7am - 6pm, Thursday: 7am - 6pm, Friday: 7am - 6pm, Saturday: 8am - 12pm, Sunday: 9am - 12pm
- Llandrindod Wells Library, The Gwalia, LD1 6AA, Monday 09:30 to 15:00, Tuesday 09:30 to 15:00, Wednesday 09:30 to 15:00, Thursday 09:30 to 15:00, Friday 09:30 to 12:30, Saturday closed, Sunday closed
- Llanfair Caereinion Library, The Institute, Bridge Street, SY21 0RY, Tuesday: 10am - 1pm, Thursday: 3pm - 6pm, Friday: 2pm - 5pm, Saturday: 10am - 1pm
- Llanfyllin Library, High Street, SY22 5DB, Tuesday: 09:30am - 12:30pm & 13:30pm - 16:00pm, Thursday: 09:30am - 12:30pm & 13:30pm - 16:00pm, Friday: 13:30pm - 16:00pm
- Llanidloes Library, 5 Great Oak Street, SY18 6BN, Monday 10:00 to 13:00, Tuesday closed, Wednesday 10:00 to 12:00 and 13:30 to 16:30, Thursday closed, Friday 10:00 to 13:00, Saturday closed, Sunday closed
- Machynlleth Library, Maengwyn Street, SY20 8DY, Monday 10:00 to 13:00, Tuesday 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:30 to 16:00, Wednesday 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:30 to 17:00, Thursday closed, Friday 10:00 to 13:00 and 14:30 to 16:00, Saturday 10:00 to 12:30, Sunday closed
- Newtown Library, Park Lane, SY16 1EJ, Monday: 9am - 5pm, Tuesday: 9am - 5pm, Thursday: 9am - 5pm, Friday: 9am - 5pm, Saturday: 09:30am - 13:00pm
- Presteigne Library, The Old Market Hall, Broad Street, LD8 2AD, Wednesday: 2pm - 5:30pm
- Rhayader Library, West Street, LD6 5AB, Monday: 10:00am - 13:00pm & 14:00pm 16:30pm, Wednesday: 10:00am - 13:00pm & 14:00pm 16:30pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Talgarth Library, LD3 0DQ, Wednesday: 10:00am - 13:00pm & 14:00pm 17:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Welshpool Library Y Lanfa, The Canal Wharf, SY21 7AQ, Monday 10:00 to 12:30, Tuesday 10:00 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 16:00, Wednesday closed, Thursday closed, Friday 10:00 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 16:00, Saturday 10:00 to 12:30, Sunday closed
- Ystradgynlais Library, Temperance Lane, SA9 1JJ, Monday 10:00 to 16:00, Tuesday closed, Wednesday closed, Thursday 10:00 to 16:00, Friday 10:00 to 13:00, Saturday closed, Sunday closed
You can collect two home testing kits (14 tests) at a time.
You should test twice a week, three to four days apart. Please report rapid lateral flow test results (on GOV.UK) the day you or someone in your household takes the test.
If your test is positive, you should book a PCR test within 24 hours of the positive lateral flow test result.