Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Printing and Computer Services at our Libraries
Every branch library in Powys offers free computer and Wi-Fi access.
- Computers are available in every library. It's a good idea to book your session in advance to make sure that a computer is available. Computer sessions finish 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Children under 16 must be members of the Internet Club. You must be a member of the library to join the Internet Club, and your parent/guardian must sign the Internet Club application form for you in front of a member of staff.
- Most branch libraries also have special computers in the Children's Area with access to a limited number of websites for homework and games. You can use these computers without joining the Internet club.
To access Wi-Fi you'll need a free user account. If you can receive a text message, you can create a Wi-Fi account yourself. In any Powys Library:
- Connect your mobile phone or tablet to the PowysGuest Wi-Fi signal
- Open a webpage in a browser ; your browser should redirect to our Wi-Fi Sign-In page but if it doesn't, type neverssl.com into the address bar, and this should bring up the Sign In page.
- Click the link at the bottom of the page to create a new account (the link is called "Os nad oes gennych, cliciwch yma / If you do not have an account, click here")
- Fill in the short form, including a mobile phone number, and save.
- You will receive a text message with your username and password.
- Go back to the Sign-In page and login
- NB if you are on a smartphone or tablet, you can also save the details by changing your Wi-Fi signal to PowysWPAguest, and entering your username and password in the Wi-Fi settings app. This way, your device will connect to the signal automatically on future visits.
If you can't receive a text message, we can create an account for you - just ask at the counter.
You can now print directly from your smartphone, tablet or laptop, in any of our libraries.
To print wirelessly from your device:
- Make sure you are connected to Powys Wifi before you try to print
- When you go to print from your device, you'll see a list of printers - choose the one belonging to your library.
- Click Print to confirm and your document will be sent to our Print Management software. (nb You may not get any confirmation message - this depends on your device)
- Visit the counter to pay for your printouts, and we will print the document for you.
- Print outs are stored for up to 2 working days. Print out charges apply
When you send a document to our Wifi printer, an image of the document is sent to your library's counter PC via a 3rd party system.
The document is held on the supplier's server until it is successfully downloaded to the Print Management software on your library's counter PC, at which point it is permanently removed from the supplier's server.
Documents will be downloaded immediately during library opening hours, or if the library is closed they will be automatically downloaded when the library next opens.
Once downloaded to your library's counter PC, it is held in our Print Management software for 2 working days, and can be deleted at any time on request.