Wi-Fi and Computer Services at our Libraries
Every branch library in Powys offers free computer and Wi-Fi access.
- Computers are available in every library. It's a good idea to book your session in advance to make sure that a computer is available. Computer sessions finish 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Children under 16 must be members of the Internet Club. You must be a member of the library to join the Internet Club, and your parent/guardian must sign the Internet Club application form for you in front of a member of staff.
- Most branch libraries also have special computers in the Children's Area with access to a limited number of websites for homework and games. You can use these computers without joining the Internet club.
To access Wi-Fi you'll need a free user account. If you can receive a text message, you can create a Wi-Fi account yourself. In any Powys Library:
- Connect your mobile phone or tablet to the powysguest Wi-Fi signal
- Open a webpage in a browser ; your browser should redirect to our Wi-Fi Sign In page (nb automatic redirect won't work with a https page such as facebook)
- Click the link at the bottom of the page to create a new account (the link is called "Os nad oes gennych, cliciwch yma / If you do not have an account, click here")
- Fill in the short form, including a mobile phone number, and save.
- You will receive a text message with your username and password.
- Go back to the Sign In page and login
- NB if you are on a smartphone or tablet, you can also save the details by changing your Wi-Fi signal to PowysWPAguest, and entering your username and password in the Wi-Fi settings app. This way, your device will connect to the signal automatically on future visits.
If you can't receive a text message, we can create an account for you - just ask at the counter.