Wifi and Computer Services at our Libraries
Every branch library in Powys offers free computer and WiFi access.
- Computers are available in every library. It's a good idea to book your session in advance to make sure that a computer is available. Computer sessions finish 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Children under 16 must be members of the Internet Club. You must be a member of the library to join the Internet Club, and your parent/guardian must sign the Internet Club application form for you in front of a member of staff.
- Most branch libraries also have special computers in the Children's Area with access to a limited number of websites for homework and games. You can use these computers without joining the Internet club.
To access WiFi you'll need a free user account. If you can receive a text message, you can create a WiFi account yourself. In any Powys Library:
- Connect your mobile phone or tablet to the powysguest Wifi signal
- Open a webpage in a browser ; your browser should redirect to our WiFi Sign In page (nb automatic redirect won't work with an https page such as facebook)
- Click the link at the bottom of the page to create a new account (the link is called "Os nad oes gennych, cliciwch yma / If you do not have an account, click here")
- Fill in the short form, including a mobile phone number, and save.
- You will receive a text message with your username and password.
- Go back to the Sign In page and login
- NB if you are on a smartphone or tablet, you can also save the details by changing your WiFi signal to PowysWPAguest, and entering your username and password in the WiFi settings app. This way, your device will connect to the signal automatically on future visits.
If you can't receive a text message, we can create an account for you - just ask at the counter.