Toggle mobile menu visibility

Financial Support Officers Information

What can your Financial Support Officers help with?

Your Financial Support Officer can provide you with the following assistance;

  • Income Maximization - ensuring tenants are in receipt of all income they are entitled (free benefit check with Entitledto or Turn2us) to including Universal credit, Personal Independence Payments, Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Carers Allowance, Pension Credit etc
  • Budgeting Support - helping to reduce outgoings by highlighting any available grants/schemes
  • Trusted Partner Status with DWP - assisting tenants with issues relating to their Universal Credit, Pension Credit or Legacy benefit entitlements
  • Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction Scheme - Assisting tenants with applications and queries via Income & Awards
  • Hardship Grant Schemes - assist tenants to apply for assistance with rent arrears, bedroom tax, white goods, moving costs etc via Discretionary Housing Payment, Discretionary Assistance Fund etc
  • Help with Utilities - assist tenants access grants, schemes and initiatives aimed at those struggling with meeting the costs of utilities, the cost of energy and the cost of water
  • Debt Advice - refer tenants to qualified specialist Debt Advisors
  • Household Finances - assist with whole household finances i.e., Sure Start Maternity Grants, Education Maintenance Allowance, Free School Meals etc
  • Pre-Tenancy Financial Health Checks - Identifying any support requirements to ensure our Tenants can successfully maintain their tenancies