Continuing Health Care Study Day
Provided by Rhiannon Mainwaring
Continuing Health Care Study Day Full Day Virtual training 09.15 hrs for registration. Study day 09.30 hrs to 16.30hrs
- Update on position of Wales framework and Understanding of the New National Framework which came into force April 2022
- Describe and state definitions of a "primary health need" by understanding the legislative basis for NHS Continuing Healthcare. Be able to apply the relevant legislation practically and confidently with guidance to good practice in CHC cases.
- Be able to complete a CHC checklist, decision support tool and fast track tool to best practice and in an open and transparent way and describe the process to ensure clear reasoned evidence-based decisions in line with legislation and guidance.
- Apply statutory requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 around capacity and consent, LPA for Health and Welfare, Best Interests and role of family and Understand compliance around statutory requirement to source an advocate either under the Social Services and Wellbeing Act 2014 or the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Identify and describe the process for correctly challenging incorrect CHC decision.
- 11th October 2023, 9.15am - 4.30pm
- 5th December 2023, 9.15am - 4.30pm
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given