Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
Provided by New Pathways
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
Participants don't need any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
Goals and objectives
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- ]Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
ASIST workshops are facilitated by a minimum of two registered trainers who have completed a five-day Training for Trainers (T4T) course.
- 13th and 14th July 2023, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Subud Centre Hall, Canal Bank, Brecon LD3 7HH
- 10th and 11th October 2023, 9.00am - 5.00pm, NPTC, Theatre Hafren, Llanidloes Road, Newtown SY16 4HU
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given