Business Growth Grant
- Grants available between £1,000 and £25,000.
- Each grant award will be based on 50% of eligible costs or a maximum of £5000 per job *created and/or £5000 per job *safeguarded, whichever is the lesser. (At least one new job must be created and/or one full time equivalent (FTE) job safeguarded, in order to access the grant)
- Any jobs being claimed as safeguarded will need to be forecasted as being lost within 6 months of application. This will need to be evidenced in detail within the application
- Two part time jobs are considered as one full time equivalent. If you are only creating or safeguarding a part time job (Min. 16 hours per week) the grant will only be paid on a pro rata basis i.e., max of £2500 for a part time job
- All jobs created as part of the grant must be claimed within 6 months of the date of final grant payment or 30th November 2024 whichever is the earliest date
- We encourage that all jobs being created with the support of the grant to be paid the Real Living Wage. https://www.livingwage.org.uk/what-real-living-wage
- If the business is applying for any other public funds such as Town Centre grants, the expenditure and outputs cannot be duplicated
- It is important to note that grants are paid retrospectively, applicants must have the financial means to purchase the item(s) in full up front, and then claim the grant value from Powys County Council following the claims process (please see in the terms and conditions within this document)
- Claims must be submitted within 4 months of the offer letter or by 30th September 2024 the latest whichever is the earliest date. To support cashflow, the grant team will consider the submission of two claims, but prior agreement must be sought from the Council.