Business Growth Grant
What you cannot use the grant for
Ineligible expenditure includes:
- General revenue expenditure such as, staff costs or any other taxes, hire purchase/lease purchases,
- Premises improvement / minor building works
- Repair, maintenance, and decoration costs,
- Replacement fixtures and fittings, furniture, and general office equipment etc.
- Contingency fees and costs which were committed or spent before the offer and acceptance of the grant.
- General Vehicles such as cars and vans
- Working capital costs such as stock, rent, rates, administration.
- Membership & affiliation to governing bodies
- Costs of work being carried out as a legal statutory requirement, inc. planning permission.
- Feasibility studies
- If the business is VAT registered, then VAT will be ineligible. VAT will be payable in cases of non-VAT registered companies.
- No expenditure should be incurred before grant approval as the grants cannot be awarded retrospectively.
- Cash purchases will not be considered for grant payment.
- Items purchased through lease purchase, hire purchase, extended credit agreements/finance leases will not be considered for grant funding.
- Professional fees associated with general business consultants including business plans/ BID writing and any fees associated in completing an application for grants purposes