Business Growth Grant
Application and Assessment
All completed applications will be considered on first come first served basis until the total fund is fully allocated.
Each application will be assessed against the outputs and outcomes of the grant project, i.e.
- value for money / grant per job created ratio and private sector investment levered by the grant as well as the viability of the business plan to support the start-up and sustainable growth plans.
- Jobs created
- Jobs safeguarded
- Number of businesses adopting new or improved products or services
- Number of businesses engaged in new markets
- Number of businesses adopting new to the firm technologies or processes
- Number of businesses with improved productivity
- Number of R&D active businesses
- Increase in number of innovation active SME's
- Number of new products to market
The Local Authority has committed to become net zero carbon by 2030 and is keen to promote sustainable business practices through its funding programmes. As part of the application, you will be asked how your business demonstrates a commitment to sustainable development and sign up to the Welsh Government Green Growth Pledge. https://businesswales.gov.wales/green-growth-pledge-0
Initially an applicant is required to submit an expression of interest. The expression of interest will then be assessed for eligibility purposes and if approved you will be invited to submit a full application.
Each applicant will then need to complete and return the following:
- Completed Application Form,
- At least 2 full years historical accounts and recent management accounts, if available. If a business has not been trading for 2 years, management accounts and or income & expenditure summary must be provided from the trading start date up to application date
- 2 years projected forecasts (cash flow and/or profit and loss)
- Written Quotations (please see below for guidance)
- Welsh Language Standards
- Environmental / Sustainability Policy - Applicants will need to outline the ways in which the business is committed to reducing its impact on the environment.
It should be noted that the Powys Business Growth is a discretionary grant and is subject to approval by Powys County Council. Each application will be assessed by a panel which meet monthly to consider applications meet the standard by the given deadline.
Please Note - Applications will need to be proceedable before they are presented to panel so essential requirements such as match funding, planning permission (where applicable), etc. must be confirmed before the grant team will prepare the application for consideration at panel.