What about carers?

If you support someone who is being assessed, we will offer you a carers assessment We may ask Powys Carers Service (PCS) to do the assessment for us. PCS can also offer you some information and support. If you need support from Social Services, a care manager will write a Personal Plan of Care which sets out what help you'll get and whether there will be any charge.

Who else can help?

Terrence Higgins Trust has lots of experience of supporting people living with HIV in Wales.

There's also a new initiative funded by the Big Lottery - Positive Action for Wales (PAW) - which provides a full time dedicated worker for each of the main areas of Wales. They offer support, help and advice about things like sexual health, education, employment opportunities, welfare rights and benefits, housing, immigration, counselling, access to charitable grants and setting up peer support groups.

In addition, they are able to offer free training, advice and resources to other professionals who are working with people living with HIV and health promotion services to individuals and communities most at risk of contracting HIV.

Tel: 07824809779



  • Email: assist@powys.gov.uk
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050
  • Address: Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG


Feedback about a page here




Useful Pages

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon