Help and support leaving hospital

You may have family and friends who can help you when you come home, or you may use a volunteer service (such as Home From Hospital / Community Support Services).

There is a Hospital Discharge Liaison Nurse who links Powys Adult Social Care Services with the District General Hospitals that serve Powys and you can ask to speak to them.

Also see our  pre-discharge checklist [34KB]

How do I get help?

If Social Care Services are needed such as reablement, help with daily living or equipment and adaptations to your home then we will need to get to know you (do an assessment) and agree a Plan of Care. This can be done quickly.

To ask for an assessment, check eligibility and see costs, please use the button below:

Ask for an assessment Make a Referral



  • Email:
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050
  • Address: Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon