Carers Steering Group
The Carers' Steering Group has been set up to give carers and service users a chance to inform and enhance the work of commissioners and service providers.
The group takes part in discussions where members views and experiences are respected and valued.
The group is looking to increase its number of carer members. Please contact Credu if you are interested in learning more about the Steering group:-
Phone: 01597 823800.
Address: Marlow, South Crescent, Llandrindod, LD1 5DH
Its main objectives are to:
- consider, comment and make recommendations on current services and future commissioning plans.
- advise the council's Social Care teams and its partners on topical issues and any other matters which are of concern
- support specific consultation or engagement activity on any relevant proposals, plans, strategies etc.
These objectives will:
- Help commissioners understand how to do something new or differently.
- Raise points that commissioners might not have considered.
- Help commissioners decide which option to choose.
- Enable service users and carers to voice any concerns about current service provision.
- Be involved and be part of service solutions.
- Make a difference!
The Carers Steering Group meets every three months and is chaired by a carer.
All carers can contribute either by attending the meetings or feeding in views by other means (for example email, telephone, video conference, Skype).
You may be entitled to claim replacement care costs and travel expenses.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the forum or would like further information, please email email@example.com