What to do if you have been harmed or abused
If you have been harmed or abused, or fear that you might be, please tell someone you trust. This might be a social worker, a GP or a care provider. It might be a friend or a relative who you trust.
If you tell a professional, they have a duty to tell their manager who will report the concern to social services, the police or other agencies who can investigate.
If you tell a friend or relative encourage them to report the concern.
If you have been harmed or abused:
In an emergency, don't wait - call 999.
- Do get medical help if you have been hurt
- Do call the police if you suspect a crime
- Do preserve evidence (the police will tell you about this
You can contact us through the following channels:
- Telephone Powys People Direct (Adults) on: 01597 827556
- Government Agencies can send email here
- Professional staff can use our multi-agency referral form