What to do if you have been harmed or abused

If you have been harmed or abused, or fear that you might be, please tell someone you trust. This might be a social worker, a GP or a care provider. It might be a friend or a relative who you trust.

If you tell a professional, they have a duty to tell their manager who will report the concern to social services, the police or other agencies who can investigate.

If you tell a friend or relative encourage them to report the concern.

Report abuse

If you have been harmed or abused:

In an emergency, don't wait - call 999.

  • Do get medical help if you have been hurt
  • Do call the police if you suspect a crime
  • Do preserve evidence (the police will tell you about this

You can contact us through the following channels:


  • Email: assist@powys.gov.uk
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050
  • Address: Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon