What happens when abuse is reported?

All reports that someone may have been abused or harmed are followed up by Social Services, the Police, Health or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW).

Who gets involved depends on what has happened.

Looking into referrals

All adult protection referrals have to be looked into. If someone makes a referral about you, we will usually get in touch with you. We will look at the risk and decide what needs to be done and if we need to investigate

Adult protection investigation

The adult protection investigation will find out what happened, who was involved and what needs to be done to keep you safe. The investigators may work for social services or health. You may be interviewed as part of the investigation.

Once we have investigated, we will look at the report and decide whether the alleged abuse has happened or not and discuss what should happen next. We'll also make sure that you are supported and safe.



  • Email: assist@powys.gov.uk
  • Phone: 0345 602 7050
  • Address: Powys County Hall, Spa Road East, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5LG


Feedback about a page here


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon