Grants available to develop grassroots sport throughout Powys
|28th November 2017|
Over £22,000 has been handed out to over a dozen sport organisations across the county, Powys County Council has announced.
Now sports and physical groups in Powys are being urged by the council's Sports Development Team to take advantage of a grant worth up to £1,500 to help contribute to creating thriving clubs which will continue to create opportunities through enterprise and innovation.
The grants are designed to make a difference to sport and physical activity locally and are available through the Sportlot Community Chest, the Sports Council for Wales National Lottery funded grant aid scheme.
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to award these grants to the 15 clubs, which will help them thrive and make a difference to sport and physical activity in their area.
"With £90,000 available for this financial year, I'm urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on this grant funding."
Recent projects that have been successful include:
• Brecon Basketball Club: £986 for equipment and coaching
• Dolly Mixtures: £880 for coach education
• Just Lift: £1,464 for equipment and set up of new junior section
• Hafren Cycling Club: £1,458 for coach education
• Knighton Bowling Club: £660 for equipment
• Lakeside Golf Club: £600 for equipment
• Llanfair Bowling Club: £1,484 for equipment and facility hire
• Llandrindod Football Club: £1,485 for equipment
• Llanfyllin Junior Football Club: £1,277 for equipment and coach education
• Llanidloes Cricket Club: £1,500 for equipment and set up new junior section
• Llanwddyn Sports Club: £1,495 for facility hire and equipment
• Maldwyn Dragons: £1,455 for equipment and coach education
• Mid Wales Orienteers: £700 for equipment
• Newtown Men's Hockey Club: £1,493 for equipment and coach education
• Newbridge Football Club: £493 for facility and coach education
• Presteigne Hockey Club: £1,494 for equipment
• Radnor WI: £685 for equipment and venue hire
• South Powys Rugby: £1,495 for equipment and coach education
• Welshpool RFC: £1,000 for coach education
The next deadline for applications is Tuesday, January 16, 2018. For further information contact the council's Sport Development Team on 01686 614060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sport Wales website www.sportwales.org.uk