Nominations for sports awards closes soon
|5th January 2018|
Just a few days remain for people to submit their nominations for the 2017 Brecknock and Radnor Sports Partnership Annual Sports Awards, Powys County Council has announced.
The accolades recognise and celebrate the sporting success of local individuals and teams involved in sport at all levels. The awards ceremony will take place on Friday, March 2, 2018 at Theatr Brycheiniog, Brecon.
Sports clubs, PE departments and leisure facilities are being urged to send their nominations so that sporting success or contribution to sport in 2017 can be recognised.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, January 12, 2018.
There are 13 categories in all, including:
• Sports Personality of the Year
• Disabled Sports Personality of the Year
• Young Sportsperson of the Year (14-18 years)
• Young Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
• Junior Sportsperson of the Year (U14)
• Senior Sports Team of the Year
• Junior Sports Team of the Year
• Sports Club of the Year
• Young Sports Leader of the Year
• Sports Coach of the Year
• Sports Volunteer of the Year
• Contribution to PE and School Sport
• Outstanding Service to Sport
The awards are co-ordinated by the council's Sports Development Team.
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "These awards are a celebration of local sporting achievement and an opportunity to recognise the invaluable contribution of local volunteers and coaches.
"If you know someone who deserves to be nominated, I would urge you to submit your nomination quickly."
For a nomination form or for further details contact the Sports Development Team on 01874 612128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org