Quarter Sessions Recorder volunteering at Powys Archives
We have records going as far back to 1690. These include a huge range of subjects: from court sessions, bridges, land enclosures to weights and measures; coroners; ale houses; roads; canals and railways.
This is a brand new and ambitious volunteer project to systematically go through sessions roll boxes and update our records of what's where.
- Interested in local history?
- Organised and attentive to detail?
- Happy to work independently?
- Comfortable handling delicate documents?
- Able to read old handwriting?
This role is not front of house, it can be done at any time during the working week