Grants available to develop grassroots sport
|8th March 2018|
Over £14,000 has been handed out to over a dozen sport organisations across the county, Powys County Council has announced.
Now sports and physical groups in Powys are being urged by the council's Sports Development Team to take advantage of a grant worth up to £1,500 to help contribute to creating thriving clubs which will continue to create opportunities through enterprise and innovation.
The grants are designed to make a difference to sport and physical activity locally and are available through the Sportlot Community Chest, the Sports Council for Wales National Lottery funded grant aid scheme.
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to award these grants to the 12 clubs, which will help them thrive and make a difference to sport and physical activity in their area.
"With £90,000 available for this financial year, I'm urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on this grant funding."
Recent projects that have been successful include:
• Brecon Canoe Club: £1,500 towards equipment and coach education
• Brecon Integrated Sports Association: £1,500 towards coach education
• Brecon Tennis Club: £1,475 towards instructor fees and coach education
• Builth Wells Football Club: £1,300 towards coach education
• Felindre Football Club: £400 towards plastic goals
• Gwernyfed Gymnastics: £1,450 towards coach education, facility hire and equipment
• Gwernyfed Hockey Club: £1,140 towards coach education and facility hire
• Llandrindod Ladies Netball Club: £1,476 towards coach education and facility hire
• Play Montgomeryshire: £1,000 towards instructor fees and equipment
• South Powys Community Football Hub: £1,500 towards Instructor fees, facility hire and equipment
• Welshpool Cricket Club: £1,230 towards coach education
• Ystradgynlais Sports Club: £770 towards instructor fees, facility hire and equipment
The next deadline for applications is Thursday, April 19, 2018. For further information contact the council's Sport Development Team on 01686 614060 or email email@example.com
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sport Wales website www.sportwales.org.uk