Conditions for letting council garages
An offer of tenancy of a garage will be made on the following conditions:
- The garage is used for the storage of any vehicle that may fit in the garage, such as cars, motor cycles, bicycles, boats and small commercial vehicles.
- The garage may also be used for storing other items such as tools and garden implements but not flammable materials, poisons or chemicals.
- The garage is not used for business purposes.
- The garage is not sub-let to anyone else.
- If the applicant is a council tenant, or if the applicant already rents a garage from the council, all rent accounts must be clear.
We'll occasionally check that garages are being used for vehicle storage. If you're not using a garage for vehicle storage, we will issue a notice asking you to give vacant possession and to return the full set of keys to the Council office within 28 days.