Your right to repairs
You can get some small, urgent repairs done (up to the value of £250) if they are likely to affect your health, safety or security. These are called 'qualifying repairs'.
If you've asked for a repair which is a 'qualifying repair', we'll arrange for the work to be done within the set time, and will send you a copy of the repair notice we send to the contractor. If we do not do your repair in time, you can insist that another contractor does the work. If the repair is still not done in time, we will pay you compensation of up to £50 per repair.
'Qualifying repairs' include:
- unsafe power or lighting sockets or electrical fittings
- blocked flue to open fire or boiler
- leaking roof
- toilets which don't flush (if there is no other toilet)
- water leaking from heating pipes, tanks or cisterns
- loose or broken banisters or handrails