27th March 2018
The Leader of Powys County Council, Cllr Rosemarie Harris has announced a cabinet reshuffle which will see the cabinet be reduced to eight members for the time being to help streamline politics in the council.
Cllr Harris said:
"Cllr Jonathan Wilkinson's decision to step down from the cabinet has given me an opportunity to reshuffle the Cabinet. I have allocated the following Portfolio areas to the following members of the cabinet:
- Cllr Rosemarie Harris - Leader of Powys County Council
- Cllr Aled Davies - Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Finance, Countryside & Transport
- Cllr Rachel Powell - Portfolio Holder for Young People & Culture
- Cllr Myfanwy Alexander - Portfolio Holder for Learning and Welsh Language
- Cllr Martin Weale - Portfolio Holder for the Economy & Planning
- Cllr Phyl Davies - Portfolio Holder for Highways, Recycling & Assets
- Cllr Stephen Hayes - Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care
- Cllr James Evans - Portfolio Holder for Corporate Governance, Housing & Public Protection
Cllr Harris added; "The new Portfolio areas will help us to provide stability, and clear leadership for the authority over the next four years. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cllr Liam Fitzpatrick for his time and dedication to the cabinet. His experience will be missed."