The Board will identify integration opportunities between Social Care and Health in the following areas:
- Older people with complex needs and long term conditions, including dementia.
- People with learning disabilities.
- Carers, including young carers.
- Integrated Family Support Services.
- Children with complex needs due to disability or illness
The board will help shape and challenge critical issues in health and social care services in Powys and will not only forge good relationship with its partners but also ensure wider engagement takes place to ensure the voice of the citizen is heard and acted upon in any proposed changes.
Work had already commenced on many of the topics highlighted in the Act, but now there is a legal framework it will give further impetus to all partners to work closer together to focus on What Matters to the citizen and maximise all available resources through sharing intelligence and planning improved services.