Driver Theory Refresher workshops available for mature drivers
|8th May 2018|
Mature drivers in Powys are being given the opportunity to brush up on their road knowledge thanks to informal workshops organised by the county council.
Powys County Council's Road Safety Unit will be holding its Driver Theory Refresher workshop on the following days:
• Wednesday, May 23 - Brecon
• Monday, June 11 - Newtown
• Tuesday, June 12 - Welshpool
• Thursday, June 14 - Knighton
• Wednesday, July 4 - Crossgates
• Tuesday, July 24 - Rhayader
• Tuesday, August 14 - Brecon
• Monday, August 20 - Welshpool
• Wednesday, August 22 - Newtown
• Wednesday, September 12 - Knighton
• Wednesday, September 26 - Crossgates
• Tuesday, 16 October - Rhayader
• Monday, October 29 - Welshpool
• Tuesday, October 31 - Newtown
Aimed at drivers in the county aged 65 years and over, the two-hour and classroom-based informal workshop will provide attendees a refresh of the Highway Code and driver licence requirements. It will also cover topics including night-time driving, medicine and alcohol laws and personal safety behind the wheel.
Attendees will also be provided with details of a practical one-hour driving assessment if wanted.
Cllr Phyl Davies, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: "Ensuring that our roads are safe is hugely important for our county. I would urge mature drivers across Powys to take advantage of this fantastic scheme. These free workshops are so important because they will refresh and update essential driving skills and could ultimately help save lives."
For further information or to book your place on this course email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bridget Farrington, Area Road Safety Officer (North) on 01686 611586 or Geoff Wilks, Road Safety Project Officer on 07973 944652.