Powys Home Support - Helping you to live life your way
Home Support aims to provide support and practical assistance an individual may need in their day-to-day life to stay living at home, safely and independently.
The home support service is open to any person in later life who feels that they would benefit from a little extra help to enable them to live life the way they want to.
The service provides early support (including 24/7 cover for emergencies through community alarms) to assist members and their families to:
- remain at home,
- maintaining and maximising their independence and health and wellbeing;
- retaining their links with the community; and
- to contribute towards preventing and/or delaying the development of needs for care and support and reducing isolation and loneliness.
The Home Support project is based on an existing service operating in Rhayader, called Rhayader Home Support. It will be developed in Llandrindod Wells to provide 24/7 cover for emergencies through community alarms (Careline) for those living in sheltered housing/receiving warden based services; in Llanidloes Town Centre and in Knighton and Presteigne area.
Some of the things Home Support can help with include:
- Welfare visits and telephone support
- Essential Shopping
- Emotional Support
- Assistance with prescriptions
- Support with appointments
- Assist carers with their role
- Support in emergency situations
- Staying fit and healthy
- Signposting and help to access other services
- Accessing local community groups and supportive networks
To find out more about how to access the services, you can view our promotional video or download a leaflet.
Home Support Annual Report 18/19
You can read the Home Support Annual Report for 2018/19
Alternatively, an easy read version of the report is available