NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Ombudsman redress schemes


If you have a dispute with an estate agent in relation to residential property you may be able to take up your complaint with one of the two UK redress schemes there are in the UK. All estate agents who deal with residential property must belong to one of the schemes. You can refer a complaint to the relevant ombudsman depending on which scheme the estate agent is signed up to. The two schemes are as follows:

You can search for a member agent on the ombudsman websites

From 6 August 2018 Ombudsman Services:Property will no longer provide a dispute resolution service to consumers who have a complaint about an estate agent. Complaints should now be addressed to whichever of the other two redress schemes the agent has transferred to.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon