Final call to enter county's premier business awards
|2nd July 2018|
Organisers of the Powys Business Awards have called for businesses from across the county to submit their entries for this year's competition.
The deadline for submission of entries is Monday, July 9, 2018
The annual Powys Business Awards, which began in 2009, were launched last month at County Hall in Llandrindod Wells with sponsors and past finalists attending the event.
Last year's awards held at The Hafren in Newtown and with BBC Wales Today and X-Ray presenter Lucy Owen, and her television presenter husband Rhodri Owen master of ceremonies for the showcase.
The awards are an opportunity for all businesses, social enterprises and charities in Powys to compete for a chance to be a finalist no matter if they are large or small or if they are a new start-up or an existing business.
Ceri Stephens, Group Manager for Mid Wales Manufacturing Group, said: "The Powys Business Awards provides a fantastic platform for businesses to raise their profile. Those who enter the awards are independently judged on their excellent standards.
"The awards also provides a public forum where finalists can gather in the presence of other business leaders and their peers to celebrate their success on the night.
"Winners on the night will also benefit from local publicity as the awards are covered by local and regional newspapers and broadcasters. Everyone who reaches the finals also has a free professionally made short film about their business which can be used in their publicity."
Application forms are now available for the 2018 Powys Business Awards, which will culminate in a black-tie dinner being held in The Hafren, Newtown on Friday, September 28th.
The categories for the 2018 Powys Business Awards are:
• Start-up Business Award sponsored by The County Times
• Entrepreneurship Award sponsored by Welsh Government
• Outstanding Commitment to Training Award sponsored by NiBS Ltd
• Small Business Growth Award sponsored by Myrick Training
• Social Enterprise/ Charity Award sponsored by Mid Wales Housing Association Ltd
• Micro Business (Under 10 Employees) Award sponsored by The Cambrian News & Brecon & Radnor Express
• Excellence in Leadership & Management Award sponsored by Nidec Control techniques
• Mentor of the Year in Hospitality & Lifestyle sponsored by Cambrian Training Company
• Growth Award sponsored by Development Bank of Wales
• Small Business (Under 30 Employees) Award sponsored by Mid Wales Manufacturing Group
• International Trade Award sponsored by Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors
• Technology & Innovation Award sponsored by Trax JH Ltx
• Best Tourism Business Award sponsored by NPTC Group
• Business of the Year sponsored by Powys County Council
In addition to the above awards, the Judging Panel have a discretionary award called the Judges Award which is made each year to recognise some outstanding achievement or person that has come to the judge's attention during their visits and which the strict criteria for the other awards does not recognise.
From the category winners the overall award for Powys Business of the Year 2018, is sponsored by Powys County Council.
Further details on all the awards can be found on the website www.powysbusinessawards.co.uk and deadline for submission of entries is Monday, July 9, 2018.