Personal Safety Awareness Training
This course provides employees with an awareness in conflict resolution, with emphasis on the importance of personal safety to enable them to protect themselves in the face of confrontational behaviour.
This training is important because work related violence is on the rise and employers have a duty of care to provide a safe place of work. This is not easy in environments where the potential for conflict and aggression is high
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for any employees in the public and private sector whose work brings them into contact with others; including colleagues, customers, members of the public, patients or clients
- Understand the terminology used in conflict resolution.
- Have knowledge of the laws that apply to businesses and their employees.
- Understand the concepts of a safe working environment and how the risk of conflict can be assessed.
- Ability to recognise potential confrontational situations and defuse conflicts before they escalate to serious violence.
- Understand the importance of personal safety.
- The law
- The safe work environment
- Resolving Confrontational Situations
- Personal Safety
4 Hours (Time: 09:30 to 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
|Cost: £110 per person|
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here