Project Management Essentials Course (3 day)
This three day course is designed to inspire staff to adopt new behaviours and practices and to improve the overall effectiveness of Project Managers within Powys County Council.
Who Should Attend?
Project Managers, those involved in setting up a project, and others who play a significant role in a project team. This course is suitable for those who are new to project management.
- Describe a projects context and the relationship of this to the way in which the project is managed
- Write usable project documentation including business cases and project plans.
- Describe the key components of a team and how a project manager might seek to manage them
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning and produce a project plan
- Carry out a risk analysis of a project and describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Have sufficient knowledge to sit the APM Introductory Certificate exam
- Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to the Powys CC project framework
- Project Organisation Structure
- Project Planning including Scope and Task Identification, Scheduling, Resourcing and Estimating
- Understanding Project Success
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Issue and Risk Management
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Managing others and Influencing
- How to Monitor and Control
- Managing Changes
- Project Closeout
- Best Practice, Continuous Improvement and Lessons Learned
Hours (Time: 09:30 to 16:30)
Course Dates and Prices
£495 per person
There will be a multi-choice test at the end of this course.
Powys County Council employees can book onto this course via iTrent Self Service. For all other applicants, please register your interest using our online form here