Food Safety Level 2 Training
To ensure that delegates understand the basic principles of food safety through understanding the hazards and risks associated with food preparation and their responsibility for producing safe food.
Who Should Attend?
This qualification is suitable for anyone whose work involves handling open or high risk food, or supervises or manages persons involved in food handling.
The learner will:
- Understand the terminology used in food safety and the concept of food hazards and risk assessment
- Understand the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Understand the repercussions of poor hygiene standards
- Understand the role of spoilage bacteria and how to identify spoilage.
- Understand the symptoms, potential repercussions and causes of food poisoning
- Understand the role of bacteria in food poisoning, and their requirements for growth and survival
- Understand methods of preservation of foods
- Understand the most common food poisoning bacteria, how they act and means of controlling them
- Understand the danger of bacterial cross contamination, vehicles of contamination and means of prevention.
- Understand the importance of temperature controls; cooking, cooling, reheating, hot holding
- Understand the importance of stock control procedures : deliveries, storage, date marking, stock rotation
- Understand how to keep the work area and equipment clean including cleaning methods, safe and effective use of chemicals and storage of cleaning materials
- Understand the risk to food safety from allergenic hazards
- Understand the importance of maintaining personal health and hygiene
- Understand the importance of pest control.
- Understand the risk to food safety from physical contamination.
- The terminology used in food safety
- Food safety laws
- Food safety hazards
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Personal Hygiene
- Principles of food storage
- Food premises and equipment
1 Day (Time: 09:30 - 17:00)
Course Dates and Prices
|Thursday 16th May 2019||Neuadd Maldwyn Welshpool|
|Friday 24th May 2019||Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells|
|Thursday 6th June 2019||Neuadd Brycheiniog Brecon|
|£55 per person (does not include lunch|