Grants available to develop grassroots sport throughout Powys
18th July 2018
Over £7,400 has been handed out to several sport organisations across the county, Powys County Council has announced.
Now sports and physical groups in Powys are being urged by the council's Sports Development Team to take advantage of a grant worth up to £1,500 to help contribute to creating thriving clubs which will continue to create opportunities through enterprise and innovation.
The grants are designed to make a difference to sport and physical activity locally and are available through the Sportlot Community Chest, the Sports Council for Wales National Lottery funded grant aid scheme.
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to award these grants to the seven clubs, which will help them thrive and make a difference to sport and physical activity in their area.
"With £90,000 available for this financial year, I'm urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on this grant funding."
Recent projects that have been successful include:
- Builth Wells Tennis Club: £1,500 towards equipment, coach education, coaching costs and facility hire
- Mid Wales Meteors: £1,500 towards equipment, coach education and facility hire
- Newtown Wanderers FC: £100 towards coach education
- Welshpool Canoe Club: £1,500 towards equipment, coach education and facility hire
- Welshpool Cricket Club: £1,250 towards coach equipment
- Ystradgynlais Netball Club: £590.00 towards coach education and facility hire
- Tref y Clawdd Rugby Football Club: £975 towards equipment and coach education.
The next deadline for applications is Thursday, September 6, 2018. For further information contact the council's Sport Development Team on 01686 614060 or email email@example.com
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sport Wales website www.sportwales.org.uk