What is Powys County Council doing about Domestic Abuse?
Powys Council is committed to working with partners to reduce incidents of domestic abuse and to make it less acceptable in society.
Domestic abuse is one of the biggest reason for children coming into care in Powys, it also has very considerable negative social, health and economic impacts on our communities. To combat this we are:
- Training all our staff on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual violence.
- Funding local agencies so they can provide refuges and services to victims and survivors
- Working with other Local Authorities and agencies in Mid and West Wales through a local strategy called
- Working with Women's Aid to develop the "Ask Me" initiative that was piloted in Powys.
- Collecting and publishing data on the extent of domestic abuse, sexual violence and violence against women in accordance with our duties under the Social Services and Well-Being Act.