Grants available to develop grassroots sport throughout Powys
|11th October 2018|
Over £19,500 has been handed out to several sport organisations across the county, Powys County Council has announced.
Now sports and physical groups in Powys are being urged by the council's Sports Development Team to take advantage of a grant worth up to £1,500 to help contribute to creating thriving clubs which will continue to create opportunities through enterprise and innovation.
The grants are designed to make a difference to sport and physical activity locally and are available through the Sportlot Community Chest, the Sports Council for Wales National Lottery funded grant aid scheme.
The council's Sports Development Team has handed out £46,000 of the £90,000 available for this financial year, including £19,720 to the following successful organisations:
• Beacons Netball Club: £1,500 towards facility hire, coach education and equipment
• Bulls Cycling Club: £1,285 towards coach education
• Go Judo: £1,100 towards coach education and equipment
• Hafren Cycling Club: £1,500 towards coach education
• Hay Junior Football Club: £875 towards coach education and facility hire
• Llandrindod Wells Football Club: £1,335 towards coach education, facility hire and equipment
• Llanfair United Football Club: £1,200 towards coach education
• Llanidloes Junior Football Club: £1,400 towards equipment and coach education
• N-Able Sports Club: £1,500 towards equipment
• Newtown Whitestars JFC: £1,495 towards coach education
• North Powys Hockey Forum: £1,090 towards coach education, facility hire and equipment
• Penybont United Football Club: £1,480 towards coach education, facility hire and equipment
• Powys Montgomeryshire Federation of Women's Institute: £1,500 towards facility hire, instructor costs and equipment
• Rhosgoch Golf Club: £960 toward coach education and coaching costs.
• Sennybridge Football Club: £1,500 towards coach education and equipment
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to award these grants to the seven clubs, which will help them thrive and make a difference to sport and physical activity in their area.
"With only £44,000 left for this financial year, I'm urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on this grant funding."
The next deadline for applications is Tuesday 6th November 2018. For further information contact the council's Sport Development Team on 01686 614060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sport Wales website www.sportwales.org.uk