NOTICE: Garden Waste update

Read more about View full notice

Building near or over public sewers

Where the erection, extension or underpinning of a building involves building over or within 3 metres of a sewer shown on the map of sewers a Full Plans Application must be submitted.

The Full Plans Application should include details of the precautions to be taken to protect the sewer.

You will also need to enter into an agreement called a 'building over agreement' with Dwr Cymru Welsh Water or Severn Trent prior to commencing works.

(Refer to regulation 12(5) of the Building Regulations 2010 and requirement H4 of Schedule 1 of the Building Regulations).

Private Sewer Transfer

As of 1st October 2011 any private sewer that carries rain water or waste water to a public sewer shared by two or more properties is now managed by Dwr Cymru Welsh Water or Severn Trent.

Dwr Cymru Welsh Water Developer Services

0800 9172652

Dwr Cymru Website

Severn Trent

01902 793 871 

Severn Trent Website


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon Email icon


Print icon