Autism and Aspergers Awareness
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2020-2021, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: Cartrefi Cymru / Course Administrator: Julie Morris
To raise awareness of Autism and Aspergers Syndrome by focussing on the variety of issues that an individual on the Autistic Spectrum may face. As well as looking at effective ways to support them in different settings.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the main characteristics of the Autistic Spectrum
- Understand how Aspergers fits into the Autistic Spectrum and the particular issues people with Aspergers may face
- Knowledge of the Triad of Impairments
- Understand how sensory issues can impact on individuals with an autistic spectrum condition
- Know how to develop sensory profiles for individuals
- Be aware of strategies to support an individual on the Autistic Spectrum
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given