Challenging Behaviour and Autistic Spectrum Disorder Training
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: Cartrefi Cymru
Course Administrator: Julie Morris
This course will enable participants to have an understanding of autistic spectrum disorder and the associated effects on individuals, including sensory and behavioural. It will look at the importance of recognising and understanding potential triggers to challenging behaviour and examine ways to reduce problems.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the main characteristics of autistic spectrum conditions
- Knowledge of the Triad of Impairments
- Strategies to support an individual with an autistic spectrum disorder
- Understand behaviour in terms of communication and function
- Understand primary and secondary interventions
- Understand own role in contributing to a positive behaviour plan
|03/10/2019||Com Room 2, Neuadd Brycheiniog Brecon||9.30am-4.30pm|
|21/01/2020||Com Room A, The Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells||9.30am-4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given