Deaf Awareness Training
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Social Care Consultants
- Sessions focus on the common problems faced by deaf and hard of hearing people and how to address them. It includes effective communication techniques to use with people who have a hearing loss.
- Describe the different types of deafness and the problems caused by hearing loss
- Identify behaviours which can suggest that someone may be Deaf, deafened or hard of hearing
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise some basic ways of improving communication with deaf people
- Describe the range of barriers which may impact on deaf people
- Identify the range, benefits and limitations of technical aids that are available
- Spell some basic words using finger spelling
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given