Adult Safeguarding Awareness (formerly known as Adult Protection Awareness)
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are not able to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2020-2021, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Course Provider: Calan DVS
To enable participants to gain an understanding of adult abuse and neglect in both domestic and care settings; its nature, extent and impact, and possible causes. For participants to feel greater confidence to recognise signs of abuse and neglect and coercive and controlling behaviour and to raise concerns where needed. To have knowledge of staff responsibilities to raise concerns and an understanding of what happens once a concern is raised.
Key Learning Outcomes
- To allow participants to explore their values in relation to adults with health and social care needs and their attitudes towards abuse.
- To understand the importance of person centred, outcomes focused safeguarding work.
- To ensure that staff involved in supporting people in the community and care settings across all sectors are aware of different types of financial abuse, including:
- the groups most vulnerable to abuse;
- the range of people who might perpetrate such abuse;
- their responsibilities to act to prevent financial abuse and to report it where it is suspected.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given