DoLS (Deprivation of liberty Safeguarding) Legal Guidance
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
- To refresh and update those who may be doing or receiving assessments prepared under the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards - including such case-law as has emerged by the time of the course
Key Learning Outcomes
- How should we now define a Deprivation of Liberty?
- How does this impact on 'informal' patients under the MHA and the role of AMHPs and Tribunals?
- Also how do we authorise a DOL for someone in their own home or in supported living?
- This course will leave you feeling confident in how the law should be applied.
|11th December 2019||NPTC, Newtown||9.15am - 4.30pm|
|13th December 2019||Cartrefi Cymru, Brecon||9.15am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given