Incredible Years Training - Baby Programme
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Dr Sue Evans
This 2 day training will prepare participants to lead the Incredible Years® Baby programme with groups of parents and their babies. The groups help parents learn how to help their babies feel loved, safe, and secure. They learn how to encourage their babies' physical and language development. The parenting group format fosters peer support networks and shared learning. This programme is a core component of the parenting programmes delivered in Powys and is part of an award winning 'Incredible Years®' strategy in Powys, which incorporates programmes for parents, teachers and primary aged children.
Key Learning Outcomes
Participants will learn how to deliver this 8 session program, which focuses on:
- Providing nurturing parenting to babies
- Reading babies cues
- Understanding the developmental needs of babies.
- Offering physical, tactile, verbal and visual stimulation to encourage brain development
- Coping with crying babies
- Safety proofing one's house
- Managing issues such as feeding and nappy changing problems
- Leaders will take advantage of the babies' presence in the group to set up practices.
- Group process issues such as empowering parents, collaborating, dealing with resistance, confronting and teaching, supporting and advocating for parents are considered
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given