Guide to downloading Borrowbox Audiobooks to a computer and MP3 player
If you are a member of Powys Libraries you can borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks for free, from Borrow Box. The most straightforward way to download Audiobooks is via the Borrowbox app for smartphones and tablets.
If you prefer to listen to the Audiobooks on a computer, or transfer them to an MP3 player, follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Go to the website and login
- Go to library.bolindadigital.com/powys and click Sign In (if you don't login now, you'll be asked to when you select a book).
- Login with the number on the back of your library card and your library PIN
- Your PIN is same one you use to log into the main library catalog. Depending on when you joined the library, you PIN is normally the last 4 digits of the phone number we hold for you, or 'changeme'.
- If you have any problems with your PIN, contact your local library or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to help.
Step 2 - Choose an Audiobook and download it
- Search for a book or use the tabs to browse either eBooks or eAudiobooks, and then target age group. Note that by default, the website shows the 'Featured' tab, which is a very small list - click on All Releases or Browse by Genre to see more.
- When you have found an Audiobook you want, click on the book cover, and then 'Confirm eAudiobook Loan'. You have now checked out the item.
- This will take you to the Loan Successful page. Choose to 'Continue Browsing' or 'Download' your loan.
- This title will now be visible beneath Active Loans/Reserves on the right side of your 'My Account' page.
- On the Download page choose to download an eAudiobook either in a single download or in parts.
If you get a pop-up with options to Open, Run or Save your loan when you download, make sure that you select Save, otherwise the eAudiobook will not save to your computer properly.
- Locate the Audiobook - they may open automatically or you may need to find it in your Download folder. Most books download as a Zip file - just double click to unzip
Step 3 - Listen on your computer or transfer to an MP3 player
- You can listen to the Audiobook on your computer or transfer to an MP3 player using your normal software eg Windows Media Player, iTunes, or software that came with your MP3 player.
- If you have a CD player or speaker system with a USB slot, you should also be able to copy the audiobook to a USB stick and play it from there.
- More help is available on the Bolinda website, or email email@example.com
- Adults and children can borrow up to 10 audiobooks and 10 eBooks from Borrowbox (from 1st May 2018).
- Loans last for 2 weeks, but you can 'return' loans at any time. You can also renew items if you need more time.
- At the end of the loan period you will be sent an email reminding you to delete any copies you have saved to a PC/Mac, MP3 player or other location. Normal copyright applies, and because books are downloaded on a borrowing licence, they must be deleted at the end of the loan period
eBooks from Borrowbox
Borrowbox has both eBooks and Audiobooks. The most straightforward way to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks is via the Borrowbox app for smartphones and tablets.
If you want to download ebooks to a computer, and transfer them to an eReader, see our separate eBook instructions.
Find answers to frequently asked questions on the Borrow Box website. Go to library.bolindadigital.com/powys and click 'Help' near the top of the page.
You can email Powys Library Service at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to help.