Welsh Women's Aid
Change That Lasts Ask Me scheme
What is the Change That Lasts "Ask me" scheme?
The 'ask me' scheme aims to break the silence around domestic abuse within a community and to remove the barriers that make it hard for survivors to tell others about their experiences. Individuals in the community receive a free two day training course on understanding domestic abuse and then are invited to become community ambassadors to share that learning with others and challenge myths, stereotypes and victim blaming attitudes in the community.
By the end of the course, ambassadors should be able to:
- Understand the nature and impact of domestic abuse
- Feel confident in how to respond to myths and victim blaming
- Feel equipped to support someone sharing their personal experiences of abuse
- Use skills to share information with survivors about specialist support services
- Understand the role of the ambassador, next steps and how to keep in touch
Training is taking place across Powys.
To find out more about the scheme and register your interest, please contact AskmeMid@welshwomensaid.org.uk or call the project coordinator on 07940008783.