Mental Health First Aid (Youth) Training
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Powys Teaching Health Board
Suitable for: PCC, PTHB, Police, Schools and External organisations working in social care
Mental Health First Aid is a 2 day educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help young people who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
By attending this Mental Health First Aid course, you will learn to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
|16th and 17th October 2019||9.30am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given