Adult Safeguarding - Preventing Abuse & Neglect in Care Settings
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
JMG Training & Consultancy
Aims and Outcomes:
- Explain what safeguarding is and your role in adult safeguarding work.
- Discuss the way the Adult Safeguarding team will co-ordinate activity.
- Describe the six principles of safeguarding adults.
- Describe confidentiality, the importance of accurate records and justification for sharing information.
- Outline the different forms of abuse and how to recognise the signs.
- List factors that might increase the risk of abuse.
- Describe procedures for reporting a safeguarding concern.
- Outlining the requirements of Social Services & Well-being (Wales) Act, the Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the importance of the Human Rights Act.
|19/09/2019||Com Room A, The Gwalia, Llandrindod Wells||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|15/10/2019||COWSHACC Scout Hut, Welshpool||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|27/11/2019||NPTC, Newtown||9.30am - 4.30pm|
|25/02/2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Brecon||9.30am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given