Adult Safeguarding - Preventing Abuse & Neglect in Care Settings
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
JMG Training & Consultancy
Aims and Outcomes:
- Explain what safeguarding is and your role in adult safeguarding work.
- Discuss the way the Adult Safeguarding team will co-ordinate activity.
- Describe the six principles of safeguarding adults.
- Describe confidentiality, the importance of accurate records and justification for sharing information.
- Outline the different forms of abuse and how to recognise the signs.
- List factors that might increase the risk of abuse.
- Describe procedures for reporting a safeguarding concern.
- Outlining the requirements of Social Services & Well-being (Wales) Act, the Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the importance of the Human Rights Act.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given