Final call to enter premier business awards
28 June 2019
Businesses in Powys are being urged not to delay to ensure their entries into the 2019 Powys Business Awards competition.
The deadline for entries is Friday 12th July with applications able to be submitted online or via post.
Cllr Rosemarie Harris, Leader of Powys County Council, said: "The Powys Business Awards are an important date in the business calendar and I would urge all businesses in the county to enter this year's awards. They are an excellent way of highlighting the range and expertise of the county's businesses.
"Not only do these awards provide an excellent opportunity for the county's businesses to raise their profiles, it gives us the chance to showcase their quality and celebrate their success."
The 2019 Powys Business Awards will culminate in a black-tie dinner being held at Dering Lines in Brecon on Friday, October 4 and will be hosted by ITV's Andrew Price.
The categories for the 2019 Powys Business Awards are:
- Entrepreneurship Award sponsored by Welsh Government
- Start up Business Award sponsored by Myrick Training
- Micro Business Award (Less than 10 employees) sponsored by The Cambrian News & Brecon & Radnor Express
- Growth Award sponsored by Development Bank of Wales
- Investing in People Award sponsored by PCI Pharma Services
- Excellence in Customer Service Award sponsored by Nidec Control Techniques
- Small Business Award (Under 30 employees) sponsored by The County Times
- Social Enterprise/ Charity Award sponsored by Mid Wales Housing Association Ltd
- International Trade Award sponsored by Trax JH Ltd
- Outstanding apprentice Award sponsored by Mid Wales Manufacturing Group
- Technology & Innovation Award sponsored by Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors
- Small Business Growth Award sponsored by NPTC Group of Colleges
- Business of the Year sponsored by Powys County Council
In addition to the above awards, the Judging Panel have a discretionary award called the Judges Award which is made each year to recognise some outstanding achievement or person that has come to the judge's attention during their visits and which the strict criteria for the other awards does not recognise which this year is sponsored by Mid Wales Chamber of Commerce.
From the category winners the overall award for Powys Business of the Year 2019, is sponsored by Powys County Council.
Further details on all the awards can be found on the website www.powysbusinessawards.co.uk and deadline for submission of entries is Friday, July 12, 2019.