Assessing Carers Support Needs-Carers Assessments
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Aims and Objectives
How can assessments be carried out in a way that promotes carers' well-being and enabling them to support those they care for?
This training explores assessing the needs of carers. By the end of the training you will:
- Understand the context for carers and the implications for carer support
- Explore the barriers to identifying carers
- Be clear about carers' rights to assessment
- Reflect on the importance of using collaborative communication when working with carers
- Be aware of what needs to be recorded
- Understand outcomes and how to review progress
Assessments are a real and powerful lever for not only improving carers and families lives but can also influence wider change.
|24th September 2019||COWSHACC, Scout Hut, Oldford Lane Welshpool||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|22nd October 2019||NPTC Campus, Newtown||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|26th November 2019||Cartrefi Cymru, Llandrindod Wells||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|17th December 2019||Committee Room 2, Neuadd Brycheiniog, Brecon||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|11th February 2020||NPTC Campus, Newtown||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|3rd March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Llandrindod Wells||10.00am - 4.30pm|
|17th March 2020||Cartrefi Cymru, Brecon||10.00am - 4.30pm|
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given