Assessing Carers Support Needs-Carers Assessments
Due to financial pressures we are sorry to inform you that we are unable to provide tea and coffee at the training events during 2019-2020, we advise that you take drinks and a packed lunch with you to events.
Aims and Objectives
How can assessments be carried out in a way that promotes carers' well-being and enabling them to support those they care for?
This training explores assessing the needs of carers. By the end of the training you will:
- Understand the context for carers and the implications for carer support
- Explore the barriers to identifying carers
- Be clear about carers' rights to assessment
- Reflect on the importance of using collaborative communication when working with carers
- Be aware of what needs to be recorded
- Understand outcomes and how to review progress
Assessments are a real and powerful lever for not only improving carers and families lives but can also influence wider change.
There is no charge to attend these courses, however a cancellation charge may apply to non-attendance if sufficient notice is not given