Grants available to develop grassroots sport throughout Powys
15 October 2019
Over £16,000 has been handed out to several sport organisations across the county, Powys County Council has announced.
Now sports and physical groups in Powys are being urged by the council's Sports Development Team to take advantage of a grant worth up to £1,500 to help contribute to creating thriving clubs which will continue to create opportunities through enterprise and innovation.
The grants are designed to make a difference to sport and physical activity locally and are available through the Sportlot Community Chest, the Sports Council for Wales National Lottery funded grant aid scheme.
With just over £20,000 available for the last meeting of this financial year, the council are urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on the grant.
The latest successful organisations that grant funding included:
- Maldwyn Dragons Gymnastics Club: £1,230 towards coach education and equipment
- Special Olympics Powys:£1,489 towards coach education, equipment and facility hire
- Montgomery Town FC: £900 towards coach education and equipment
- Newtown Wanderers FC: £696 towards coach education and equipment
- Maesyrhandir Football Club: £1,497 towards coach education and equipment
- Brecon Junior Badminton Club: £1500.00 towards coach education and facility hire
- Cwm Wanderers AFC: £1,500 towards equipment, coach education and kit
- Ddraig Wern Fencing Club: £1,498 towards coach education and facility hire
- Llys Glanyrafon: £969 towards instructor costs and equipment
- Llanidloes Croquet Club: £1,450 towards equipment and marketing
- Penybont Utd Junior Football Club: £1,490 towards facility hire, coach education and equipment
- Llandrindod Dragons Gymnastics Club: £1,000 towards coach education and equipment
- Dyffryn Banw Football Club: £1,265 towards coach education, facility hire and equipment
Cllr Rachel Powell, Cabinet Member for Sports Development, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to award these grants to the seven clubs, which will help them thrive and make a difference to sport and physical activity in their area.
"With just over £20,000 left for this financial year, I'm urging organisations to submit applications so they don't miss out on this grant funding."
The next deadline for applications is Tuesday, November 5. For further information please contact the council's Sports Development Team on 07766 248617 (North Powys) or 07836 501925 (South Powys) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be downloaded from the Sport Wales website www.sportwales.org.uk